Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Info Post
I posted it before, when it was first published (Jurnalul.ro, June 24th) but didn't have time to translate it. It's about the recording session for "Ciobanas cu trei sute de oi"
.
They keep talking about classical music and folk music. This folk music is the Romanian traditional music and for singing this the singer needs a different kind of voice and training. The difference is huge. Also the sound of a folk orchestra is different. The best example is a song called "Sanie cu zurgalai". Angela sung it during the New Years Gala in Paris, in 2006. And the same song performed by a Romanian folk singer, Maria Lataretu.
.

.

.
.
The famous soprano recorded “Ciobanas cu trei sute de oi” exclusively for Radio Romania. She recorded it with her best friend from high school, Eugenia Moise. The recording session took place on June 22nd, at the Radio studios after they managed to get last minute permission from EMI, whose exclusive artist Angela is. Besides this recording, the soprano prepares an album that will include only Romanian songs.
.
"I’m impressed by the reason I’m here, said Angela Gheorghiu after the recording session was over, during the conversation she had with the press. I met again my colleagues, friends, family, I met Eugenia Moise, my colleague at “George Enescu” High School that we both graduated. We were the singers of our class, class 1980-1984. I was singing classical music, she was singing folk music. She had the beautiful idea to remember our years in high school and I thought it would be nice to leave something behind, a recording together. I like to be challenged, it’s a thing many people in Romanian haven’t thought of, meaning to ask me to do something. But my colleague thought of me and I said yes. I was very nervous during the recording", also said the soprano.
.
"We were together everywhere, almost like Siamese sisters", added Eugenia Moise. "We went together to performances, we were together at home, we were very close to eachother and I’m glad that after so many years we managed to record a song, accompanied by the Radio Orchestra. And as Angela said, we wanted to leave behind a small jewel of those years. I was really touched because Angela is amazing".
.
Angela said she sung “Ciobanas cu trei sute de oi” with her sister long time ago. "We were young and our teacher, Mia Barbu, told us to sing this song together. I also sung it during a Gala at Opera Garnier in Paris. Today I had also to get the permission from my recording company". The recording of this song was an exception made by EMI Classics, Angela’s exclusive recording company.
.
The soprano stated that she seriously started to record Romanian music, propounding EMI all sorts of modern, daring sounds from her point of view. "It is known that Romanian music performed abroad is considered a strange music, with an unusual sound, that professional musicians don’t get too easy. So I try to prove them that if they haven’t known it so far it’s neither their fault, not mine. But I do the best I can, using all the necessary means, on all my CDS, in all my concerts, to make people appreciated the Romanian music that hasn’t been exported yet”.
.
Even if the folk music was part of Angela’s life and her good friend Eugenia Moise made her love it and “modestly” hum it, the famous opera singer doesn’t think she would ever be able to sing this genre. “Ciobanas cu trei sute de oi” won’t be released on any CD yet. But the song will be considered a preview of the CD that will include only Romanian music. This is an album Angela already started to work on. But there is another album to be released before, under EMI, “with megaclasic repertoire. In all my concerts I sing Romanian music so there’ll be some songs on this CD too. I haven’t chosen them yet”. Regarding the future cooperation with Holograf and Directia 5, the soprano is waiting for a song to be composed first. “I’ll get involved as I did with Stefan Banica. I know a lot of people in this world that can orchestrate a song in the best conditions possible. This is not an issue. I’m waiting for the motivation”.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment