Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Info Post
.
This book was a great idea. It's not a regular cook book. Only the fact that some people managed to get the opera stars cook it's a great accomplishment. It's a sort of "behind the scenes". There are so many opera singers: Angela and Roberto, Jonas Kaufmann, Joyce di Donato, Rene Pape, Piotz Beczala, Jose Careras, Elina Garanca, Annette Dasch, Thomas Hampson, Angelika Kirchschlager, Nino Machaidze, Anna Netrebko, Luca Pisaroni, Neil Shicoff, Aleksandra Kurzak, Joseph Calleja, Lawrence Brownlee and many others. See a lot of pictures here.
.
The book was released last week in Salzburg and it's suggestively entitled "The Opera Cooks". It can be found in bookstores in Germany and Austria and it can also be ordered on the internet. Try Amazon.de. It should cost around 30 euros. For the moment it's only in German. Each of the singers has 4 pages:
* a big picture
* some words about eating/cooking
* the recipe in German
* and the same recipe in the native language of that particular singer, in handwriting.
.
Great, isn't it? Besides the autographs (which usually mean only the name), their handwriting is not something you see everyday. According to the video made to promote the book, everybody really enjoyed doing this.
.

.
Back to Angela. Here's what she says about cooking and eating habits. It's the translation from German. If any of you has the book and there are mistakes, sorry. Google helped, but it tends to mix words up. I hope it's good enough to have an idea.
.
“There’s nothing more relaxing but starting the day with a brunch”, says the superstar Angela Gheorghiu. “Fruit and fresh fruit juice, bacon, ham, salami my homemade bread make the perfect breakfast"
.
The artist spends most in hotels. If she stays more than 2 weeks, she insists on having a kitchen in the apartment. “I don’t cook too much, but I should have a stove. If I want to eat pasta with tomato sauce, I want to be able to do it by myself and not to go to a restaurant. More than that, cooking calms my nerves” says the elegant singer. The Romanian is not a big eater and not particularly innovative, as she confesses. She prefers to cook her mother’s recipes.
.
What I don’t eat under any circumstances:
I travel a lot so the food is diverse. What I would never eat is something that’s still alive and moving on my plate.
.
Cravings:
Biscuits and grated apples
.
What you always find in my fridge:
Fruit, butter, eggs, grapefruit, carrots, strawberries, blueberry juice, salami
.
Who I would like to invite to dinner
Definitely Cary Grant. I love him!
.
My motto:
If you have ambition and power, you can move mountains, but if you are wise, you leave them where they are
.
.
She chose to cook home made bread. And below there's the process and the result.
.

And the recipe written by Angela. My Romanian fellows, enjoy it!
.
I know there are some people reading this blog that would like to know what Roberto cooked. Details.. soon :)
.
PS: Thanks J for the photos :)
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment