Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Info Post

.
The interview was broadcasted this morning on Radio Romania Cultural. I was driving to work when it started. Thanks to modern technology (meaning a cell phone that does all sorts of things) I managed to record it. Not a good sound but it's enough to have an idea. This time I didn't mind I was stuck in traffic. I could enjoy the three minute interview.
.
The translation is below. Angela talks about the song performed by Ioana Radu and Mia Braia. It's the one I posted yesterday. And she also talks about the performance of the same song at Opera Garnier. I knew about it but I only got it today. Thanks, F.T.! I put it after the interview.
.
Enjoy!
.
It’s a very special event because Angela Gheorghiu has been an EMI Classics artist for more than 10 years and these exceptions are seldom. Angela Gheorghiu and one of her former high school colleagues, Eugenia Moise, a folk music singer, recorded a version for two voices of the well known song “Ciobanas cu trei sute de oi”, arranged by Ionel Tudor. The Radio Orchestra conducted by Tiberiu Soare joined the project. As Angela said, maybe many of us remember this song in a famous rendition, with Ioana Radu and Mia Braia.
.
I liked the song a lot. I’m twice subjective. I sung it with my sister when we were young. Ioana Radu and Mia Braia were also sisters and our voice teacher, Mia Barbu, told us to sing it. I also sung it a few years ago during a Gala at Opera Garnier in Paris. Back then I managed to present some true Romanian songs. I needed arrangements so I asked a friend of mine, Ionel Tudor, to do this for me. He did it right away and we were very proud of the result.
.
The recording from yesterday represented for the Romanian artist famous around the world a good opportunity to remember the high school years and to record a musical jewel.
How the cooperation between the Radio Orchestra and one of the most beautiful voices in the world was possible told us the Director of Radio Orchestra and chorus, Mrs Oltea Serban Parau.
"It was Eugenia Moise’s initiative and Angela was very enthusiastic about it. When she likes an idea she immediately embraces it. Everything matched. We met last week to talk about different ideas, projects, and one of the topics was about this recording. The Radio Orchestra was delighted to take part in the project and we hope to have this chance again.
After Bucharest she’ll go to London to perform in La Traviata at Covent Garden and then to Madrid, to sing in Simon Boccanegra. In Fall, besides Adriana Lecouvreur and the ROH tour in Japan, Angela Gheorghiu will record an album with Romanian songs only".
.
Angela Gheorghiu and Iulia Isaev - Gala at Opera Garnier - Paris, 31.12.2006
.

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment