Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, October 29, 2010

Info Post
As I thought, not all the interesting stuff was published on the online version of Opernglas. They kept some things for thouse who can buy the magazine. But hey.. somebody who knows me (thanks, H!) pointed out what Lady G answered to one of the questions:
.

.
...Antonio as in Antonio Pappano, of course. Check out page 23 of Opernglas, and the beginning of page 24. I know, I know, many of you don't have the magazine. Here's what it's saying:
.
Let us talk about future projects. Will there be more role debuts?
We will record "Aida", in the same format as "Butterfly", under the baton of Antonio Pappano. The following year, it is Tosca again as well as Romeo et Juliette, but also concerts. Many also ask me to sing Salome. But I think they just want to see me naked on stage! It is not impossible, there is a French version of Salome with an altered instrumentation, which would be interesting to sing. But I do not have plans for it at the moment.
.
The next question/answer is also worth mentioning:
.
You have sung Verdi's Requiem, for many a kind of spiritual opera. Do you also sing oratorios once in a while?
Not necessarily, I prefer the Glamour! Otherwise I have no fun. I love not only the acting and singing on stage, but also the special atmosphere after the peformance. At the end of the day this is also theather and gives you an incredibly satisfying feeling. Nothing is better than that, because it is so perfect.
.
Time&location unknown for the moment. But this is a step ahead :)
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment