Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, October 18, 2010

Info Post
I think this is the longest title I've ever written. But hey, the list is waaaaaay longer. I could dance all night, as the song says. For me it's Heaven on Earth. I travel to see all these people and George Enescu Festival brings them to me. It's the 20th edition of this Festival. Last year I attended more than 50 concerts in less than a month, 3 per day during weekends. It was madness but I LOVED it!
.
The best of the best are coming back. The Festival will take place in September 2011. One year of waiting, but who wouldn't wait for such a linup. See for yourselves on the Official Website of the Festival.
.
Just to have an idea before you have time to analize the program. So, in no particular order:
Antonio Pappano with his Accademia di Santa Cecilia and Helene Grimaud (fainting here!!!)
Daniel Barenboim and Staatskapelle Berlin (saw him twice. Everything he touches turnes into gold, symphonically speaking)
Christian Zacharias and Lausanne Chamber Orchestra (this is their third year in a row at the Festival. The Atheneum was too small for those to wanted to listen to them. I attended 6 memorable midnight concerts so far)
Zubin Mehta, Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, Vadim Repin and Yefim Bronfman (wow x 4)
Murray Perahia and Saint Martin in the Fields
Ian Bostrige (somebody I know is very, very happy right know ;)
Valery Gergiev and Mariinsky Symphony Orchestra (he's baaaaaak!)
Yundi in recital
Boris Berezovsky (twice)
Vasily Petrenko and Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
Labeque Sisters
Danielle Gatti and Orchestre Nationale de France (with Mahler 9!)
London Symphony Orchestra with Nicola Benedetti
.
And many others. There is chamber music, opera, ballet, lots of symphonic. Everything for everybody, during one month in September 2011.
.
Great news for a gloomy, rainy Monday afternoon!
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment