Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Info Post


I really hope this is the first and last time I read this kind of review regarding one of Angela's concert. First I thought it's a mean article. It isn't. The author simply describes what he saw there. You can read it HERE. It is written by Adam Sweeting and published on The Arts Desk
.
Everthing starts from the question Can Angela Gheorghiu burn as brightly without Roberto Alagna? Yes, she can. I want to think that in a couple of months everything will change and her events will be sold out again.
.
From the review we also find out that in Verdi's "Parigi, o cara" she was modestly convincing but far from heartrending... and that Marius Manea radiated as much charisma as a row of deck chairs... And it goes on and on about the lack of chemistry, about too many orchestra pieces and less vocal...
.
According to the author of the article the best part was the ending, the encores: O, mio babbino caro, Granada and Libiamo. This was a game of three halves, and the last of them should have shown up much earlier. This was just an opinion. I'm looking for some more.
.
After the changing of the tenor and shortening of the program I sort of foresee this unpleasant comment. What I know for sure is that things must change quickly. Concerts from time to time are not enough and what happened at Royal Festival Hall proves it. The audience, me included, would like to see her in operas rather than concerts. They are good for a change but we'll all keep on fighting for tickets and travelling for operas. And there's something else I noticed lately. People tend to be more selective. They check the program attentively. Everything matters: the soloists, the orchestra, conductor, the pieces. Especially in cities like London, Vienna, Paris, where opera stars go to sing several times a year. I said it before, sadly, the program for RFH made me stay home.
.
I feel sorry. Sorrow. I keep repeating...it shouldn't be like this... it shouldn't be like this... Angela is among the best and she must stay there.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment