Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Info Post
.
A few weeks ago the program for BBC Proms 2011 was released. I almost fell off the chair when I saw that Martha Argerich is playing at the Proms on July 18 (Prom #5). It just happens that I'm in London in that period :) I've been trying to listen to her again since she came in Bucharest in 2007. For me she is the best in the world of piano music. She has a certain way of playing that is simply perfection and besides that she really makes you feel the music. She's 70 next month and she's still palying! It will be a great night at Royal Albert Hall.
.
Now, about my dilemma. Prom #2 is Rossini's William Tell, on July 16. Antonio Pappano is conducting the Orchestra of the Academy of Santa Cecilia. On the same evening, there's Madama Butterfly at ROH, without Patricia Racette. But there's Anthony Michaels-Moore.
.
What do you think? Where should I go?
.
Don't forget to check out the program at Proms. There's something for each taste.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment