Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, December 10, 2010

Info Post
UPDATE. Visit the Facebook fan page to see more photos from the ceremony.
.
.
.
Angela received today the Doctor Honoris Causa degree from the "George Enescu" Arts University in Iasi, Romania. Congratulations!
.
The event took place in the theatre of the "Mihai Eminescu" Library. Doctor Honoris Causa is an honorary degree, given by universities to important people that made themselves known in different fields. And for such event there's a certain ceremony and the person awarded has to wear the cap&robe, as you can see in the photo below or in the one here (and I'm sure some better photos will come soon)
.
Photo @Agerpres
.
According to Agerpres, Angela stated "It's the most important degree I received in Romania so far. That's why I came from London. I'm very tired, but extremely honored and happy". The rector of the University, Mr Viorel Munteanu, added "I would say that when listening to you singing we become better people, more beautiful, full of hope that life is better when we live for art".
.
A gentleman who was there wrote in a long article for Jurnalul that Angela promissed to get back to Iasi for a concert.
.
And this is a short material presented on Antena 3 today. I was in my office when I heard my boss calling me in the loudest voice possible from the other office: "coooome, quicklyyyyy". I thought I did something wrong. Well, no. This video was on TV, at 4pm news. Thanks, boss! :) . And thanks to the "anonymous contributor" for the video.
.


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment